WHAT IS CHALK PAINT?
Natural Chalk Paint is an eco friendly and non toxic mineral wall paint designed as a safe, 100% natural alternative to conventional paint products. This traditional interior natural chalk paint is based on aged slake lime, and is the perfect blend of traditional knowhow and modern insight.
Please note: Chalk Paint is not suitable for the 'shabby chic' look
This high grade natural mineral paint is perfect for all kinds of applications, whether a modern build or historic house, exterior as well as interior, and is perfectly suited to the needs of professionals and homeowners alike.
breathable and odour absorbing paint, and is 100% solvent free, making it ideal for use in historic settings. This chalk paint is suitable for coating surfaces containing lime and cement, as well as wood chip wall paper, loam rendering or old chalk silicate paints. Similar to a limewash..
Low odour Breathable Solvent Free Vegan Roller or brush application
- Very economical
- SImilar to Limewash
- Zero VOC
- Slightly off white and textured finish
- Dries white when dry, but transparent during application
- Can be tinted
- Designed for large rooms that can have a high temperature fluctuation or have high moisture, such as kitchen, bathrooms, basements and laundry rooms.
- Can be cleaned with light sponging
- Coverage generally around 8m2 per litre
- Vegan friendly
- Contains no animal derived ingredients
- Can be cleaned by light sponging.
Type of material And Intended use
- Wash-based wall paint for covering white coat on interior mineral bases.
- Produces wipe-resistant, matt coat which can be painted over several times.
- Highly diffuse and slight bactericidal action
- Drying time in a normal atmosphere generally (20 degrees Celsius / 60% relative air humidity)
- Can be painted over after approx. 24 hours, depending very much on air and base humidity.
- Lower room and wall temperature and higher air humidity will delay drying times and can result in patchiness. Full dryness is achieved after several weeks, with high air humidity favouring the hardening process (carbonation).
- Please note, this paint does look quite transparent on application and it takes between 20 to 30 minutes to dry to full opacity - this is completely normal, so please don't worry.
If you're looking for a natural chalk paint with zero solvent content, there are many choices online