Natural Gloss Paint, eco friendly and non toxic gloss paint for wood by Auro. Natural wood paint, eco friendly and non toxic wood paint with a gloss finish. (or Natural Matt Silk is here) A best selling eco friendy and non toxic paint, used as a natural gloss paint for wood and a natural gloss paint for metal, suitable for interior & exterior uses.
We are pleased to now offer a great range in natural and eco friendly gloss paint for use in and around your home, this solvent free gloss paint is water based and perfectly suitable to be used on both interior and exterior wood and metal. Auro 250 is certified 'safe for toys' and 'saliva and perspiration proof' which is great if your painting children's areas and surfaces that will get a lot of contact, you can rest assured that this is literally the best natural paint for kids and babies on the market right now.
PLEASE NOTE: COLOUR CHANGES! We are in the process of moving to a brand new 'Colours for Life' system, in the meantime we've slimmed the colours down in preparation. If you're set on an 'old' colour due to having an old colour chart please email me and we'll see what we can do in the meantime! We've got some incredible colours coming, and we're currently working on our new colour chart which is going to be a big step up from the existing one!
- 2.5 Litres covers approximately 31m2 per coat.
- Not prone to cracking like acrylic paints
- VEGAN PAINT
- Exterior gloss expected to last 3-5 years when properly applied
- Auro Natural Paints are based on organic linseed oil resins, using natural mineral and plant pigments for colour and chalks for fillers.
- Paints are tough and flexible as no solvents and chemical hardeners are used
- Good ventilation is required at all times
- Cleaning brushes and tools should be done with Auro 411 Plant Soap or even a small amount of Auro 191 Natural orange oil thinners.
- Available in tester size, 375ml, 750ml and 2.5 litres
- We always advise to try a tester pot first to guarantee colour is correct for your application.
- Solvent Free Gloss
Auro 250 Natural gloss paint is available in white as standard, but can be bought as a premixed colour or you can even tint it yourself. This wonderful and easy to use eco friendly solvent free natural gloss paint is dust dry in six to nine hours, and is perfectly recoatable after 24 hours. In 'standard' conditions the final hardness of the paint is around 3 days.
Priming: We suggest to pretreat certain wood types that are perhaps rich in active substances with our Auro Special primer No. 117, and for other wood types and normal wood types we would recommend thinning Auro 250 with up to 20% water and use actually AS the thin primer - before applying two to three coats of this Auro 250 natural gloss paint. Please allow 24hrs between coats, and lightly key between coats for best adhesion.
Auro 250 Natural Gloss Paint - Eco friendly solvent free gloss paints to buy in the UK.
Is white the white I would expect? It is a characteristic of natural paints that they are not brilliant or pure white, but they are classified as white - white covers quite a scale, Auro 260 and Auro 250 paints achieve a whiteness level of 94% against EN13300 and as such are considered white. We are conscious that white is a very wide spectrum and people have different expectations which is why we also recommend people try testers to ensure satisfaction; our experience is that a huge majority of our customers prefer the white a little warmer that the stark brilliant whites - again all personal taste and perception though. We produce a cream and ivory finish in the range and there is a distinct difference the white is certainly a little more creamier than a brilliant white, when painted on I would expect the first coat at least to be a little of coloured when using a deep coloured primer, although over subsequent coats the colour we know as white will be achieved.
UK * Delivery charges:
Elsewhere: and more!
Add products to basket and click 'estimate shipping' to see costs.
All weekend orders are processed on Monday morning. We always advise trying a tester pot first.
* Postal Surcharges: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Highlands & Scottish Isles incur a surcharge. Ireland also has a surcharge but is calculated at the checkout. These surcharges are set by the couriers and not by ourselves! Our standard pricing (graphic, pricing) is for mainland England only, with above modifiers. All orders placed after midday are processed morning of the next working day. Standard delivery is 3-4 working days.
Please Note: All products (paints / finishes / oils / waxes etc) are held in white and clear only, everything else is hand coloured specifically to your order (when you select from a colour range) by our wonderful mixing team, so unfortunately cannot be returned. Please please please try a tester pot first beforehand!
"The recommendation was very helpful and I ordered some of your other products too which I'm very happy with"
"Thanks again I'm thrilled to have found your company. Nicky"
"Customer service was excellent with rapid response and clear answers to all questions I had"