DISCONTINUED - Please look at Auro 117 as a replacement:
Natural Impregnating Primer for Absorptive Surfaces.
If you have an absorbent surface you wish to prepare for painting without turning to harsh chemical primers, you need Auro 121 Natural Impregnating Primer for Absorbent Surfaces. This high quality all natural solvent-based primer is specially formulated to prepare absorbent surfaces for painting with Auro wall paints.
Designed to treat wood and cork surfaces exposed to normal wear and for priming absorptive surfaces prior to their treatment with AURO oil or wax products, this product can also be used on untreated clay and cotto tiles for interiors and surfaces not exposed to natural weathering. It provides a honey-coloured finish and can be tinted (up to a maximum of 20%) with Auro 150 Colour Concentrates if you require a coloured finish.
This environment-friendly, breathable, solvent-based, transparent impregnation treatment has a natural citrus fragrance and is ideal as primer for absorptive surfaces for secondary treatment with oil and wax products, and as sole treatment for wood and cork for surfaces exposed to normal stress.
375ml - 7msq 750ml - 15msq 2.5L - 50msq / 5L - 100msq/>20L - 400msq
- Apply by brush, roller, or spraying
- A VEGAN Product
- Drying time in standard climate (23 degrees C/ 50% rel. air humidity)
- Penetration of substrate: up to approx. 30 minutes; dust dry: after approx. 10 hours; recoatable: after approx. 24 hours
- Full hardness: after approx. 4 weeks minimum. Treat carefully during this period; avoid exposure to humidity and dirt
- Check substrate for suitability and compatibility before use
- Avoid direct sunlight, exposure to humidity and dirt during the appication and drying process
Tested according to DIN EN 71, part 3, safety of toys, and DIN 53160, the product is resistant to saliva and perspiration, and equalises unevenly absorptive surfaces and open-pored composition. Its binder is made from linseed oil, castor oil, sunflower oil, wood oil, colophonium glycerine ester with organic acids, orange oil, fatty acids, stearic acid, and dryers (including cobalt salts).
If you're looking for a natural primer that is toy safe, make sure you order Auro 121 Natural Impregnating Primer for Absorbent Surfaces online today.
UK * Delivery charges:
|Delivery||0 - 0.5L||0.5 - 20L||20L+|
|Tester Pots||FREE 2nd Class|
|2-4 Working Day||£7||£9||£15|
|Next Working Day||£9||£13||£20|
|Pre 12pm Next Working Day||£15||£17||£25|
|Pre 10am Next Working Day||£20||£20||£28|
|Pre 9am Next Working Day||£25||£25||£32|
ECO PACKAGING: Testers use bio degradable corn starch infill packing pieces (these are only suited to testers and very light weight items though); on larger products we either use recycled/recyclable brown paper or we’re just starting to use pulped cardboard inserts for 2.5l and 5l tins - these are recycled and can either be recycled with household cardboard, composted or several people use them as firefighters!
Add products to basket and click 'estimate shipping' to see costs.
All weekend orders are processed on Monday morning. We always advise trying a tester pot first.
* Postal Surcharges: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Highlands & Scottish Isles incur a surcharge. These surcharges are set by the couriers and not by ourselves! Our standard pricing (graphic, pricing) is for mainland England only, with above modifiers. All orders placed after 11am are processed morning of the next working day. Standard delivery is 3-4 working days.
Please Note: All products (paints / finishes / oils / waxes etc) are held in white and clear only, everything else is hand coloured specifically to your order (when you select from a colour range) by our wonderful mixing team, so unfortunately cannot be returned. Please please please try a tester pot first beforehand!
"The recommendation was very helpful and I ordered some of your other products too which I'm very happy with"
"Thanks again I'm thrilled to have found your company. Nicky"
"Customer service was excellent with rapid response and clear answers to all questions I had"