Cutting edge Natural Breathable Plaster & eco wall plaster called Breathaplasta from the award winning company Adaptavate.
Breathaplasta is a natural, eco friendly breathable plaster that is a high performance bio composite alternative to typical plasters such as gypsum or lime plasters. Breathaplasta is installed and mixed using the exact same techniques as the standard common plasters but delivers far more plus additional benefits. Product of the month by the Alliance for Sustainable Building Materials (ASBP) for December 2016.
If you’re renovating or building, this excellent breathable plaster gives you a easy solution to create a healthy living environment or working areas, safer for your work space and safer for your family.
Breathaplasta is a hydrothermally high performing material that regulates moisture and improves insulation to deliver a healthier and more efficient environment.
Breathaplasta breathable natural plaster can be installed using conventional methods and on many substrates such as conventional plasterboard, block walls and solid brick. It has even been shown by Bath University to remove VOCs from the atmosphere (VOC sink).
- VOC FREE
- MI FREE
- The product is also 100% natural with no gypsum and no cement.
- A greener alternative to standard wall plaster
- TWICE thermal performance of standard Gypsum plaster
- Lime based composite plaster - utilises crop waste
- Passively regulates moisture, prevents growth of mould, reduces condensation
- This breathable plaster acts like lungs, absorbs moisture in high humidity and releases as humidity decreases
- Easy to use, behaves like gypsum plaster (industry standard)
- Easier to use than lime plasters
- Dries quicker than lime plasters, allowing for faster completions
- Highly breathable - allows the whole wall to breathe
- Increased thermal performance reduces mould and condensation further
- Very suitable for heritage projects
- Supplied as dry mix, just add water and stir
- Can be finished as smooth or textured (This is simply down to the installer running trowel over it as it starts to dry)
- Pale cream finish - easy to decorate.
- Suitable for overpainting with Auro 524 Premium Natural Emulsion, Auro 326 Natural Chalk Paint, Auro 344 High Grade Lime Natural Paint, Auro 327 Natural Anti Mould Emulsion Paint
- Can be installed on plasterboard (and most building boards) as a skim coat
- For use on Brick & Block masonry it can be built up in layers to mask the unevenness of the substrate. Comparable with Auro 506 Grip Coat
- Incredible well received as a new plaster on the market
- Avoids gypsum use (For health & eco benefits)
- Has been hugely beneficial in housing association, council housing, student housing and rented accommodation where moisture / condensation and mould are an issue.
- Very competitive price against lime & performance plasters.
- Incredible value compared to anything else!
- Covering artext? For an artex ceiling it's best to check how well the material is still adhered to the ceiling. Do a test patch and if secure you can plaster straight onto it. If it is old and crumbly and weak then either scrape away and plaster or overboard with 9.5mm plasterboard and skim plaster.
- Min depth of application: 4mm
- Max depth of application: 20mm in coats of 5-7mm
- Supplied as 20KG bag, which covers approx 5msq at 4mm depth
- Density: 1200 kg/m2
- Thermal Conductivity (λ) : 0.23 W/m.K
- Thermal Resistance (R) : 0.05 m2 .K/W (at 10mm thickness)
- Water Vapour Resistance : 5 (Dimensionless) Factor (µ)
- Initial setting time : 2 hours
- Breathaplasta is a hydrated lime plaster (with other natural additives etc.) and is effectively a powdered form of lime putty. Lime putty is what most conservation officers would usually want used in a listed building. Breathaplasta is ideal as it is a relatively feeble lime = good for old buildings. Conservation officer may be very strict with certain listed buildings and may ask for evidence on product - we're happy to supply as needed.
- Finish is just as easy as gypsum and BP can be used by all contractors with zero training (though lime experienced plasterers will take to it more quickly). Quick and easy to install in a single day for most applications. Can decorate within a week for most applications (suggest c. 1 day drying time per 1mm plaster thickness).
Adaptavate are an award winning company rethinking and redesigning the way building materials are produced, used and disposed of. We are innovating and designing low-carbon construction products for healthy buildings and inhabitants which help ensure the longevity of our fragile ecosystem whilst surpassing the performance of market leading products.
UK * Delivery charges:
|Delivery||0 - 0.5L||0.5 - 20L||20L+|
|Tester Pots||FREE 2nd Class|
|2-4 Working Day||£7||£9||£15|
|Next Working Day||£9||£13||£20|
|Pre 12pm Next Working Day||£15||£17||£25|
|Pre 10am Next Working Day||£20||£20||£28|
|Pre 9am Next Working Day||£25||£25||£32|
Elsewhere: and more!
ECO PACKAGING: Testers use bio degradable corn starch infill packing pieces (these are only suited to testers and very light weight items though); on larger products we either use recycled/recyclable brown paper or we’re just starting to use pulped cardboard inserts for 2.5l and 5l tins - these are recycled and can either be recycled with household cardboard, composted or several people use them as firefighters!
Add products to basket and click 'estimate shipping' to see costs.
All weekend orders are processed on Monday morning. We always advise trying a tester pot first.
* Postal Surcharges: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Highlands & Scottish Isles incur a surcharge. Ireland also has a surcharge but is calculated at the checkout. These surcharges are set by the couriers and not by ourselves! Our standard pricing (graphic, pricing) is for mainland England only, with above modifiers. All orders placed after midday are processed morning of the next working day. Standard delivery is 3-4 working days.
Please Note: All products (paints / finishes / oils / waxes etc) are held in white and clear only, everything else is hand coloured specifically to your order (when you select from a colour range) by our wonderful mixing team, so unfortunately cannot be returned. Please please please try a tester pot first beforehand!
"The recommendation was very helpful and I ordered some of your other products too which I'm very happy with"
"Thanks again I'm thrilled to have found your company. Nicky"
"Customer service was excellent with rapid response and clear answers to all questions I had"