Auro 251 Natural Clear Gloss Lacquer varnish is an eco friendly and non toxic gloss varnish for interior wood. This safe, non toxic alternative to conventional varnish can be used around the house, and is free of harmful fumes. This natural glossy wood varnish has a minimal VOC content and is virtually odour free.
With a milky appearance during application, this varnish dries to a completely transparent finish. This eco friendly wood gloss varnish can be used for high tannin wood types such as oak, horse chestnut, emiri and similar wood, but needs to be primed with Auro 117 first.
Application is easy. We suggest that with bare wood, just use a thinned coat. We suggest that you paint on two to three top coats, allowing 24 hours to dry between coats. The final hardness is achieved after 3-5 days, but treat with caution and care whilst drying if you want to create a smooth, glassy finish.
- Coverage: 750ml = Approximately 9 square metres
- This is an environmentally friendly and water thinned transparent wood varnish for interior use
- This varnish is free from solvents and wood preservatives
- Colourless with a slight honey shade
- Apply by brushing, rolling (Use synthetic or mixed fibre brush), fine pored rollers, short pile varnishing roller (see our range of tools). Also can spray with care.
- View technical data sheet
- Tested according to DIN EN 71, Part 3, Safe for Toys
- Tested according to DIN 53160, saliva- and perspiration-proof
- Acc. to EN 13300: Abrasion Class 1
If you're looking for a safe, natural alternative to conventional lacquers, make sure you order Auro 251 Natural Clear Gloss Lacquer online today.
UK * Delivery charges:
|Delivery||0 - 0.5L||0.5 - 20L||20L+|
|Tester Pots||FREE 2nd Class|
|2-4 Working Day||£7||£9||£15|
|Next Working Day||£9||£13||£20|
|Pre 12pm Next Working Day||£15||£17||£25|
|Pre 10am Next Working Day||£20||£20||£28|
|Pre 9am Next Working Day||£25||£25||£32|
ECO PACKAGING: Testers use bio degradable corn starch infill packing pieces (these are only suited to testers and very light weight items though); on larger products we either use recycled/recyclable brown paper or we’re just starting to use pulped cardboard inserts for 2.5l and 5l tins - these are recycled and can either be recycled with household cardboard, composted or several people use them as firefighters!
Add products to basket and click 'estimate shipping' to see costs.
All weekend orders are processed on Monday morning. We always advise trying a tester pot first.
* Postal Surcharges: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Highlands & Scottish Isles incur a surcharge. These surcharges are set by the couriers and not by ourselves! Our standard pricing (graphic, pricing) is for mainland England only, with above modifiers. All orders placed after 11am are processed morning of the next working day. Standard delivery is 3-4 working days.
Please Note: All products (paints / finishes / oils / waxes etc) are held in white and clear only, everything else is hand coloured specifically to your order (when you select from a colour range) by our wonderful mixing team, so unfortunately cannot be returned. Please please please try a tester pot first beforehand!
"The recommendation was very helpful and I ordered some of your other products too which I'm very happy with"
"Thanks again I'm thrilled to have found your company. Nicky"
"Customer service was excellent with rapid response and clear answers to all questions I had"