Auro 160 Natural Wood Stain is an eco-friendly, breathable, and non-toxic water based wood stain suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Specially formulated to offer a high performance organic alternative to conventional woodstains, this outstanding vegan-friendly woodstain protects against weather, water, dirt, and UV (please note that the clear version does not feature UV protection).
Auro 160 is a high performance natural and eco-friendly interior and exterior water based timber treatment that will allow your wood to breathe naturally. This stain does not need stripping before being re-coated, making it ideal for garden applications such as fences and outbuildings. Offering durable protection against the elements, this natural woodstain dries to a beautiful semi translucent and satin finish.
Auro 160 came TOP out of 22 conventional paints and wood stains in tests carried out by the German equivalent of Which! magazine. Because they are natural, pure, and contain no solvents, they are suitable for use in organic gardens. BBC Homes and Gardens recently featured Auro 160, highlighting its suitability for play areas. Thanks to its neutral, natural recipe, Auro 160 is also safe and perfect to use for cots and children's toys.
- Dust dry after 6-9 hours
- Re-coatable after 24 hours in normal conditions.
- Final hardness after 3 days with a renovation cycle of 2-4 years depending on conditions.
- Coverage: 2.5 litres covers approximately 31m2
- Coloured woodstain offers UV protection
- Auro 160 Colourless is for interior use only (As only the colourless no UV protection as it's the colour pigments that give UV protection), all others variations (colours) are for both interior and exterior use
- Auro 160 Colours: Only need one coat for interior use and 2 or 3 coats for exterior use.
- Can be thinned with up to 20% water. Coloured stains can be intermixed or diluted with Auro 160 Colourless (160-00)
- Colours like red grow with intensity with every successive coat.
- Water repellant and weather resistant finish
- Semi translucent and satin finish.
- VEGAN PRODUCT
- Certified SAFE FOR BEES by the Natural Beekeepers Trust
- Safe for cots and toys: Tested in accordance with DIN EN 71 Part 3
- Saliva-proof and sweat-proof: Tested in accordance with DIN 53160
- Safe for use on wood with reduced dimensional stability: Tested according to DIN EN 927
- 32 colours now available - you can also mix them together yourself to create bespoke colours.
- Pretreat woods rich in active substances (e.g. oak, chestnut, framire etc.) with AURO Special primer No. 117 to prevent drying delays. See below.
Auro 160 Woodstain is the perfect water-based, solvent-free treatment for your wood surfaces. This natural woodstain comes in 32 colours, and will provide your wood with a semi-translucent, satin finish. Shades include Mace, Light Brown and Ochre Brown. With bolder shades like red, each coat of the woodstain will intensify the colour, giving you total control over the finish.
The colour range includes: Dark Blue, Green, Pine, Colourless, Moss, Grey / Gray, Chestnut, Hickory, Turquoise, Umbra, Oak, Apricot, Ruby Red, Brown, Walnut, Salmon, Yellow Ochre, Oak Light, Ochre Brown, Rooster, Orange, Mahogany, Light Brown, Mace, Dark red, Ultramarine, Rosewood, White, teal, Light Blue, Oxide Green, Lime Green, Black.
For woods rich in tanning substances, such as oak, chestnut, framire, and woods with bleeding or staining contents, such as larch, red cedar, and meranti should first be treated with Auro Primer 117. Auro 117 should also be used on wood treated with boron salt or boiler pressure impregnated wood.
If you're looking for a versatile, durable 100% natural woodstain, order Auro 160 Natural Wood Stain online today.
UK * Delivery charges:
|Delivery||0 - 0.5L||0.5 - 20L||20L+|
|Tester Pots||FREE 2nd Class|
|2-4 Working Day||£7||£9||£15|
|Next Working Day||£9||£13||£20|
|Pre 12pm Next Working Day||£15||£17||£25|
|Pre 10am Next Working Day||£20||£20||£28|
|Pre 9am Next Working Day||£25||£25||£32|
ECO PACKAGING: Testers use bio degradable corn starch infill packing pieces (these are only suited to testers and very light weight items though); on larger products we either use recycled/recyclable brown paper or we’re just starting to use pulped cardboard inserts for 2.5l and 5l tins - these are recycled and can either be recycled with household cardboard, composted or several people use them as firefighters!
Add products to basket and click 'estimate shipping' to see costs.
All weekend orders are processed on Monday morning. We always advise trying a tester pot first.
* Postal Surcharges: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Highlands & Scottish Isles incur a surcharge. These surcharges are set by the couriers and not by ourselves! Our standard pricing (graphic, pricing) is for mainland England only, with above modifiers. All orders placed after 11am are processed morning of the next working day. Standard delivery is 3-4 working days.
Please Note: All products (paints / finishes / oils / waxes etc) are held in white and clear only, everything else is hand coloured specifically to your order (when you select from a colour range) by our wonderful mixing team, so unfortunately cannot be returned. Please please please try a tester pot first beforehand!
"The recommendation was very helpful and I ordered some of your other products too which I'm very happy with"
"Thanks again I'm thrilled to have found your company. Nicky"
"Customer service was excellent with rapid response and clear answers to all questions I had"