Natural Wall Paint - Non Toxic & Eco Emulsion Wall & Ceiling Paint - Auro 524
It's easy to apply, easy to use and headache free! **NEW** TESTER POTS ARE NOW 60ml and have free shipping! (If you're set on an 'old' colour due to having an old colour chart please email me )
This is the paint I personally have used throughout my own house (March '17) covering all range of prior surfaces and differing condition walls. I'm super pleased with it, and it's surprisingly resilient to my kids handprints everywhere, and nice and easy to touch up if needed. Some walls I got away with just a single coat, but if you bank on 2 for most situations you'll be OK. I've used in every room, from living areas, kitchen to even the bathrooms, walls and ceilings!
We're loving them here. Have a look at the new colour chart (click here) and have a look at the new natural paint colours available now. If you are trying to match an old paint colour we may still be able to help - just email me.
Auro 524 is the most recent recipe, with a brand new natural plant based binder - holding pigment and paint together better than ever. This new eco wall paint is by far the best on the market in my opinion, with amazing eco credentials. It is now outselling the existing Auro 321 Standard natural wall emulsion paint by far, which is incredible.
This natural emulsion paint, Auro 524 is a big step up from the older standard eco emulsion Auro 321, and throughly recommended!
Need paint for your woodwork, doors and trim? I'd personally recommend the natural water based wood paint Auro 250 in either the gloss (Auro 250) or satin (Auro 260) - (I love the satin!) Bear in mind that the Auro 524 white is whiter than the Auro 250/260 white, which is actually little creamier.
Eco Paint & Natural Paint Auro 524 Plantdecor Pro Emulsion Paint.
What makes this new paint so special?
- ZERO emissions
- Covers ALL the usual surfaces that just about ANY ordinary emulsion goes over
- Suitable for covering old vinyl paints and new plaster
- Odourless (The tiny odour disappears as soon as it's painted)
- VEGAN Product / Paint
- Natural & Non Toxic
- Whiter than ever & Non Yellowing
- Matt finish, Washable & Flexible
- Excellent obliteration (One coat is usually sufficient)
- Quick drying 4-6 hours between coats, 48 hours to fully cured
- Brush, Roller or spray on.
- Coverage, 5 Liter = 45 sqm, 10 Liter = 90 sqm
- Many new colours available, or tint your own!
- This AURO product has trace (0.01-0.02%): amounts of MIT
- Excellent coverage and covering power (DIN EN 13300 - Class 1)
- Excellent wet abrasion resistance, and scrub resistant (DIN EN 13300 - Class 1)
- Very high diffusion of steam (DIN EN 1062-1, Class V1 High)
- Confirmed biogenic quality (TUV)
- Plantodecor® boasts a top-opacity of 99.5%. (Opacity class 1).
- Colored tinted with the Auro spot and tinting colors # 330
- The new natural binding agent (Replebin) is not chemically reactive. Replebin is created from natural fruit esters.
- Creates a permanent flexible surface, not brittle and no cracking!
- Incredible covering power and incredible whiteness and brightness.
- Especially recommended for living areas. VEGAN, Solvent FREE, Abrasion Class 1, Little tendency to drip or splash.
- Suitable for almost ALL surfaces, including Alkaline substrates such as lime, silicate paints and plasters, as well as suitable for non absorbing substrates such as plastic materials and latex paints, the first of it's of it's kind to do this.
- Can be tinted with Auro 330.
- *Certified by the German Committee for the Health related Evaluation of building products (AgBB) and TUV
- Auro have created a new brand new natural paint that will leave all others trailing behind.
Mineral fillers, Water, Replebin (Natural Binder), titanium dioxide, cellulose; surfactants made of rapeseed-, castor oil; ammonia, thiazoles
This AURO product has trace (0.01-0.02%): amounts of MIT
» Download Technical data sheet Premium wall paint no. 524
Type of material: Ecological dispersion wall paint, white, for interiors.
Application Paint for application on all mineral and organic bases (e.g. wallpaper, plaster, clay, concrete, brickwork or gypsum plaster boards. Suited for all interior surfaces.
- Consistently ecological choice of raw materials
- Open-pored (sd value < 0,05 m>
- Minimal inclination to drip and spatter
- Rated as very low-emission product according to the AgBB evaluation scheme.
- Details in conformity with DIN EN 13300 (depending on coverage, base, and coating method)
Degree of whiteness (luminosity): 98 Opacity (contrast ratio): class 1
Sheen level: (measuring angle of 85°): matt Coverage (at 0,15 l/m2): 7 m2
Abrasion: Class 1 (abrasion resistant acc. To DIN EN 53778)
Mineral fillers, water, ReplebinÆ, titanium dioxide, cellulose, surfactants made of rapeseed-, castor oil, ammonia, thiazoles. May cause allergic reactions. Current full declaration on www.auro.com.
White, non-yellowing, can be tinted with Full-shade tinting colour no. 330*. See colour tone examples in the AURO Colour Designer on www.auro.com.
Brushing, rolling or airless spraying (tested with Wagner SF 23 Plus): Set pressure: 250 bar, Spraying pressure: 200 bar, Spraying nozzle size: 419 (Trade Tip 3), pistol: AG 08
Drying time at 20 °C / 65% rel. humidity)
- Overcoatable after 4 ñ 6 hours. Dried through and loadable after 48 hours.
- High humidity levels and low temperatures prolong drying times.
- Provide for adequately tempered ventilation during the drying period.
Density: 1,54 g/ml Thinner: The product is ready for application but can be thinned with max. 20% water.
Application rate Approx. 0.10 to 0.15 l/m² per coat, depending on the type of base, manner of application and surface quality. Determine the exact application rate with a test coating.
Tool cleaning Carefully press out brushes or rollers immediately after use and wash thoroughly in water. If necessary, add AURO Plant Soap No. 411*.
Storage: Keep out of reach of children. Store coool, frost-free and dry in the tightly closed container. Before closing, remove adhering paint from the rim of the can and from the lid. Shelf life In the original, tightly closed container at 18 °C: 12 months.
Packaging material: Polypropylene, metal strap Disposal Liquid residues: European Waste Code 080120, designation: Paints. GIS-Code: M-DF01 dispersion paints, solvent-free. Only completely emptied containers with dried product residues can be returned for recycling. Only dried product residues can be disposed of as fully hardened paints or domestic waste. WARNING: Observe the customary protective measures. Ensure adequate skin protection and ventilation. Rinse with water in case of skin contact, rinse thoroughly with plenty of water and consult a doctor in the event of contact with the eyes. For further details see Safety data sheet. Observe Technical Data Sheets.
EU VOC value according to 2004/42/EC II A (aWb): 30 g/l (2010). Product VOC: < 1 g/l. AURO no. 524 Application-technical recommendations AURO PLANTODECOR Æ Premium wall paint no. 524 1.
BASE 1.1 Appropriate bases Wallpaper, plaster, concrete, lime-sand stone, brickwork, clay, gypsum plaster boards, old coatings able of wetting (dispersions, lime paints, silicate paints). - Conduct test coating to establish compatibility before application on glass-fibre fabric, textile, vinyl and structured wall coverings.
1.2 General base requirements - The base must be dry, clean, firm, chemically neutral to mildly alkaline, able to support, adhering, free from oil, fat, separating or staining substances.
2. COATING SEQUENCE 2.1. Base preparation - Brush off loose particles. Floury and sanding substances must be removed by brushing. - Remove sinter skin by grinding. Wash off releasing agents. - Fill holes and cracks with AURO Wall filler No. 329* and sand smooth, remove burrs. - Carefully reseal wallpaper seams; remove paste residues. - Completely remove poorly adhering, peeling coatings, as well as old coatings that have a poor wetting ability or are otherwise improper.
2.2 Base treatment - Intact, uniformly absorbing bases can be primed with AURO PLANTODECOR Premium wall paint no. 524, diluted with max. 20% water. - Intensely or varyingly absorbent surfaces are primed with AURO Plaster primer No. 301*, diluted with water in a 1:1 ratio.
2.3 Intermediate treatment - Apply uniformly with a brush, roller or spraygun (airless). - Can be thinned with up to max. 20 % of water, depending on the kind of base and the method of application. - For coloured decoration, the product can be tinted with AURO Full-shade tinting colour No. 330*. - For strong colour shades, the tinting ex factory is recommendable. - It is recommended to do a representative test coating to determine the actual colour effect and appearance.
2.4 Final treatment - Proceed as described in 2.3, add up to max. 20 % water if necessary. Final treatment is not necessary if intermediate treatment already produces the desired result.
3. FOLLOW-UP TREATMENT Decorative follow-up treatment is possible with AURO Colour wash plant glazes No. 360*, Wall glaze waxes No. 370* or Colour wash binder No. 379* with the addition of pigments.
4. GENERAL REMARKS
- Check the base for suitability and compatibility prior to product application.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight, moisture influences and dirt while the coat is drying.
- Mix products with different batch numbers prior to application to offset batch-induced differences.
- Process temperature at least 10 °C, max. 30 °C, max. 85% rel. humidity, optimal 20-23 °C, 40-65% rel. humidity.
- Stir thoroughly prior to application.
- Protect surrounding surfaces, remove stains and spatters immediately with water and AURO Plant soap no. 411*.
- Leave new plasters and lime-sand brick walls untreated for at least 6 weeks; neutralise if necessary.
- Slightly cloudy surfaces can form, depending on the given object conditions (e.g. large surfaces exposed to intense light). Consequently, avoid partial drying and work speedily wet-on-wet.
- Check and maintain the surfaces regularly for optimal, permanent protection and immediately repair damaged areas.
- Observe the state of the art for planning and coating (applicable regulations and procedures).
- All coating work must be adapted to the given object and its use.
* For further details see Technical data sheets.
This Technical data sheet merely gives recommendations and possible examples. No binding force or liability can be deducted from this sheet. Using the recommendations does not imply a legal relationship. The details conform with our present-day knowledge and do not absolve users from their own responsibilities.
The current state of the art must be observed in connection with all coating and preparation work. The conditions of the object and product suitability must be competently verified. This Technical data sheet loses its validity with the publication of a new version. Status: March 25, 2015
UK * Delivery charges:
Elsewhere: and more!
Add products to basket and click 'estimate shipping' to see costs.
All weekend orders are processed on Monday morning. We always advise trying a tester pot first.
* Postal Surcharges: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Highlands & Scottish Isles incur a surcharge. Ireland also has a surcharge but is calculated at the checkout. These surcharges are set by the couriers and not by ourselves! Our standard pricing (graphic, pricing) is for mainland England only, with above modifiers. All orders placed after midday are processed morning of the next working day. Standard delivery is 3-4 working days.
Please Note: All products (paints / finishes / oils / waxes etc) are held in white and clear only, everything else is hand coloured specifically to your order (when you select from a colour range) by our wonderful mixing team, so unfortunately cannot be returned. Please please please try a tester pot first beforehand!
"The recommendation was very helpful and I ordered some of your other products too which I'm very happy with"
"Thanks again I'm thrilled to have found your company. Nicky"
"Customer service was excellent with rapid response and clear answers to all questions I had"