Natural Wall Paint - Non Toxic & Eco Emulsion Wall & Ceiling Paint - Auro 555 Colours For Life
Auro 555 is one of the best natural interior house paint we have on offer for walls and ceilings, and one of the best eco friendly and breathable wall paint with all the right credentials! Auro’s newest natural premium emulsion paint for walls and ceilings, using the new Colours For Life Tinting System.
If you are looking for the best WHITE natural emulsion paint, Auro 524 Premium Emulsion is the best choice, as Auro 555 is just colours!
If you are painting new plaster, or perhaps lining paper or irregularly absorptive substrates and surfaces we suggest you prime with AURO Natural Plaster Primer 301. However, you can also use this paint diluted with 10% water as the mist coat. We would always allow for 2 coats for most most colours, with perhaps 3 coats for the much deeper colours, and do try to leave around 6 hours between coats. For best results we would suggest to first paint the masked edges and corners, followed straight away with rolling the rest of the area. Apply the paint pretty liberally and try an work to a wet edge!
Please try a tester pot first to make sure the colour is right for you, as we can’t accept returns for coloured paint, as we mix it to order just for you!
Made from naturally occurring raw materials
- Natural ingredients
- Highly Breathable
- Skin Safe
- Wipeable - Class 2-3 according to the depth of pigmentation
- Child & Pet Safe
- Brush, Roller or Spray
- Plastic Free
- Emission Free
- Compostable Residue
- Dilute with Water
- Recyclable Packaging
- Low Odour
- Excellent coverage and hiding power
- High abrasion resistance
- Low drip & splatter making it super easy to use
- Consistently ecological choice of raw materials and compliance with the strict AgBB criteria on emissions, this product is a special recommendation for use in living areas.
- Overcoatable after 4 to 6 hours.
- Excellent substrate compatibility
- The biogenic nature of the binding agent *Replebin® is regularly examined and confirmed by the SGS INSTITUT FRESENIUS.
Wallpaper, plaster, concrete, brickwork, clay, gypsum plaster boards, old coatings able of wetting, glass-fibre fabric. Conduct test coating to establish compatibility before application on textile, vinyl and structured wall coverings.. 1L = 10sqm coverage. Advise 2 coats.
- SD value < 0.1m
- VOC (EC) 1.0 g/l
- 1L = 10sqm
- Rated as ‘very low-emission’ product according to the AgBB evaluation scheme
- Contains MI/MIT
- Current full declaration on www.auro.de.
Ingredients, Auro 555 is made from naturally occurring raw materials: Castor oil, Cellulose, Replebin (Auro's special natural binder), Surfactants made of rapeseed oil, Liquid ammonia, Mineral pigments, Titanium dioxide, Thiazole, Water, Mineral Fillers
This colour chart is for Auro 555, and Auro 535 Clay Paint. Auro 555 is coloured paint, if you would like WHITE equivalent this can be found here: Auro 524 Premium Emulsion
Type of material Ecological dispersion wall paint available in nearly 800 colour shades, for interiors.
Paint for coloured applications and decorative design on mineral and organic bases, e.g. wallpaper, plaster, clay, concrete, gypsum plaster boards etc. Suited for all non-alkaline interior surfaces (due to high ph values, on alkaline surfaces colour deviations are possible).
- Consistently ecological choice of raw materials.
- Open-pored (SD value < 0,1 m>.
- Minimal inclination to drip and spatter.
- Rated as ìvery low-emissionî product according to the AgBB evaluation scheme.
- Details in conformity with DIN EN 13300 (depending on covearage, base, and coating method).
|Opacity (contrast ratio)||Abrasion||Sheen level (856)||Consumption rate||Coverage|
|Class 2*||Class 2-3*||Matt||0.10 ñ 0.14 l/mQ***||Up to 10 mQ/l***|
Values vary with selected colour shade and pigmentation ** Values vary with substrate condition and type of application
Mineral fillers, water, ReplebinÆ, titanium dioxide, mineral pigments, cellulose, surfactants made of rapeseed and castor oils, ammonia, benzisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone. May cause allergic reactions. Current full declaration on www.auro.de.
Colour effect can vary depending on substrate condition and variations in application. It is therefore recommended to make a test coating before application on large areas. After application, claims based on colour tone variations cannot be accepted. Due to technical reasons, minor deviations in colour tone can occur between mixtures of the same colour tone on different machine types.
Brushing, rolling A short-pile wall paint roller is recommended for a uniform coating.
Airless spraying (tested with Wagner MF 250), spraying pressure: 200 bar, spraying nozzle size: 419 (Trade Tip 3), pistol: AG 08.
Drying time in standard climate (20 FC / 65% rel. humidity)
Overcoatable after 4 ñ 6 hours. High humidity levels and low temperatures prolong drying times. Provide for adequately tempered ventilation during the drying period.
Density 1,32-1,42 g/ml, depending on colour tone.
Thinner Ready for application; can be thinned with max. 10% water.
Approx. 0.10 to 0.14 l/mQ per coat, depending on the type of base, manner of application and surface quality. Determine the exact application rate with a test coating.
Cleaning of tools
Press product residues out of brushes or rollers immediately after use and wash thoroughly in water. If necessary, add AURO Plant
Soap No. 411*.
Storage Keep out of reach of children. Store cool, frost-free and dry in tightly closed container.
Storage stability In the original, tightly closed container at 18 eC: 12 months.
Packaging material Polypropylene, metal or plastic handle.
Liquid residues: EWC code 080120, designation: Paints. Only completely emptied containers with dried product residues can be returned for recycling. Only dried product residues can be disposed of as fully hardened paints or domestic waste.
Danger class does not apply. Solvent content according to 2004/42/EC II A (aWb): 30 g/l (2010). Product VOC: < 1 g/l.
Observe the usual protection measures, e.g. skin protection, adequate ventilation. Do not inhale spray mist. In case of skin contact, rinse off immediately with water. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water and consult a physician. Observe the important notes on the safe handling of the product, on labelling and hazard information that are to be found on the label and in the current Safety Data Sheet on www.auro.com (see Downloads). GIS code: M-DF01, dispersion paint, solvent-free.Technical recommendations for application AURO COLOURS FOR LIFE Premium wall and ceiling paint No. 555
1.1 Suitable substrates
Wallpaper, plaster, concrete, brickwork, clay, gypsum plaster boards, old coatings able of wetting, glass-fibre fabric. Conduct test coating to establish compatibility before application on textile, vinyl and structured wall coverings.
1.2 Substrates of limited suitability
Strongly alkaline surfaces like lime, lime plaster, or silicate paint. The high ph value of these substrates can cause undesired shifts in the selected colour shade. Pretests on colour fidelity are obligatory on these substrates.
1.3 General substrate requirements
The substrate must be dry, clean, firm, chemically neutral to mildly alkaline, able to support, adhering, free from oil, fat, separating or staining substances. In order to ensure colour fidelity over the complete surface, the substrate should have a consistent colouration.
- COATING SYSTEM
2.1. Substrate preparation
- Brush off loose particles. Floury and sanding substances must be removed by brushing.
- Test substrate on alkalinity, neutralise if necessary.
- Remove sinter skin by grinding. Wash off releasing agents.
- Fill holes and cracks with AURO Wall filler No. 329* and sand smooth, remove burrs.
- Carefully reseal wallpaper seams; remove lime residues.
- Completely remove poorly adhering, peeling coatings, as well as old coatings that have a poor wetting ability or are otherwise improper.
2.2 Basic treatment
- Intact, uniformly, poorly absorbing substrates can be primed with AURO Wall paint, diluted with max. 10% water.
- Intensely or varyingly absorbent surfaces are primed with AURO Plaster primer No. 301*, diluted with water in a 1:1 ratio.
- Provide for a consistently coloured substrate to avoid colour variations over the area to be painted. Consistently white substrates can be ensured by priming with AURO Grip coat no. 505 or AURO Wall paint no. 321, diluted with up to 10% of water.
2.3 Intermediate treatment
- Apply uniformly with a brush, roller or spray gun (airless).
- Can be thinned with up to max. 10 % of water, depending on the substrate and the method of application. Please note that thinning can cause slight colour changes. In order to assess the colour shade and its actual effect in a room, it is recommended to do a representative test coating.
2.4 Final treatment
Proceed as described in 2.3, add up to max. 10 % water if necessary. Final treatment is not necessary if intermediate treatment already produces the desired result.
- Before application, check substrate on suitability and compatibility.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight, moisture influences and dirt during application.
- Processing temperature at least 10 eC, max. 30 eC, max. 85% rel. humidity, optimal 20-23 eC, 40-65% rel. humidity.
- Stir thoroughly prior to application.
- Protect surrounding surfaces, remove stains and spatters immediately with water and AURO Plant soap No. 411*.
- Leave new plasters untreated for at least 6 weeks; neutralise if necessary.
- Slightly cloudy surfaces can form, depending on the given object conditions (e.g. large surfaces exposed to intense light). Consequently, avoid partial drying and work speedily wet-on-wet.
- Check and maintain the surfaces regularly for optimal, permanent protection and immediately repair damaged areas.
- Observe the state of the art for planning and coating (applicable regulations and procedures).
- All coating work must be adapted to the given object and its use.
Observe Technical Data Sheets*.
The Technical Data Sheet gives recommendations and examples of possible use. No liability or other legal responsibility can be derived. Use of the advice does not create any legal relationship. The information provided is based on our present knowledge and does not exempt the user from his personal responsibility. The respective state-of-the-art practices must be observed when implementing coating work and the required preparations. The conditions on site and the product's suitability must be checked appropriately and professionally. With publication of a new edition this technical data sheet is no longer valid. Status: 03-02-2017
UK * Delivery charges:
|Delivery||0 - 0.5L||0.5 - 20L||20L+|
|Tester Pots||FREE 2nd Class|
|2-4 Working Day||£7||£9||£15|
|Next Working Day||£9||£13||£20|
|Pre 12pm Next Working Day||£15||£17||£25|
|Pre 10am Next Working Day||£20||£20||£28|
|Pre 9am Next Working Day||£25||£25||£32|
ECO PACKAGING: Testers use bio degradable corn starch infill packing pieces (these are only suited to testers and very light weight items though); on larger products we either use recycled/recyclable brown paper or we’re just starting to use pulped cardboard inserts for 2.5l and 5l tins - these are recycled and can either be recycled with household cardboard, composted or several people use them as firefighters!
Add products to basket and click 'estimate shipping' to see costs.
All weekend orders are processed on Monday morning. We always advise trying a tester pot first.
* Postal Surcharges: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Highlands & Scottish Isles incur a surcharge. These surcharges are set by the couriers and not by ourselves! Our standard pricing (graphic, pricing) is for mainland England only, with above modifiers. All orders placed after 11am are processed morning of the next working day. Standard delivery is 3-4 working days.
Please Note: All products (paints / finishes / oils / waxes etc) are held in white and clear only, everything else is hand coloured specifically to your order (when you select from a colour range) by our wonderful mixing team, so unfortunately cannot be returned. Please please please try a tester pot first beforehand!
"The recommendation was very helpful and I ordered some of your other products too which I'm very happy with"
"Thanks again I'm thrilled to have found your company. Nicky"
"Customer service was excellent with rapid response and clear answers to all questions I had"